Many people associate anime with fun and amusement. However, anime is a worldwide phenomenon that was born in Japan. Cultural, artistic and entertainment aspects are all included. Since anime names have a rich history and meaning, more modern parents are naming their children after them.
Unbeknownst to many anime fans, not all character names originate in Japan. The phenomenon has its origins in Japan, but it is influenced by a wide range of cultural traditions. With our extensive list of options, you’ll be able to find the perfect name for your child in no time.
What are cool anime names?
There are a plethora of choices, but the best ones are the ones that resonate with your child and have meaning for them.
Many parents find it difficult to settle on a name for their newborn child due to the sheer number of possibilities. Because of this, the one you choose must be in harmony with your intuition and foretell success in the life of the child.
What is a cute anime name?
A name that is pleasing to the ear and easy to say is considered cute. When it comes to cuteness, you should go with the one that you feel most comfortable with. Furthermore, a beautiful and appropriate choice conveys a positive message.
Best anime names for boys and girls
In this article, you’ll find a list of cool anime baby boy and girl names, as well as their meanings.
Anime boy names
In order to come up with the best possible name for a male character in an anime, there are many options. As a result, you should give yourself plenty of time to consider a variety of options before making a decision.
In order to fully grasp the origins and implications of each choice, it is recommended that you do some research of your own.
What are good male anime names?
The best options for your son are outlined in the following list.
- Akatsuki: The red moon in Japanese. It’s a made-up criminal gang fromthe Naruto series.
- Arata: A person who radiates radiance. Haruki Nakayama, the creator of the anime Given.”.
- Haruki: One who shines brightly. From Haruki Nakayama in the Given anime.
- Haruto: Japanese for sunlight. From Haruto Amō in the Shichisei no Subaru novel.
- Hiroshi: Possessing any of these three characteristics. Mika Harima Arc character Hiroshi
- Ichigo: Japanese for strawberry. From Ichigo Kurosaki in the Bleach manga series.
- Itachi: Japanese for a weasel. From Itachi Uchiha in Naruto.
- Jun: Chinese for king or ruler, or Korean for handsome and talented. From Jun Sazanami in Ensemble Stars.
- Kaoru: Fragrant or one who smells nice. From Kaoru Tanamachi in Amagami SS and Amagami SS+ plus.
- Naruto: Japanese for fish cake. From the series titled Naruto.
- Shikamaru: Japanese for deer-like. From Shikamaru Nara in Naruto.
- Takashi: Noble and prosperous person. Takashi Komuro is the main protagonist in Highschool of the Dead.
- Yuu: The gentle person or one who is distant and leisurely. From Yuu Otosaka, the main protagonist in Charlotte.
Cool anime names for boys
Choosing a cool and original name for a child is becoming increasingly popular these days. Here are a few intriguing possibilities to mull over.
- Alex: One who is prepared for combat is called Alphonse in German. From Fullmetal Alchemist’s Alphonse Elric.
- Alphonse: The German word for a warrior. From Fullmetal Alchemist’s Alphonse Elric.
- Brock: English for badger-like. From the aspiring Pokémon Doctor known as Brock or Takeshi.
- Daiki: Japanese for shining. Daiki Aomine is a character in Teikō.
- Dante: Latin for enduring. Dante is a character in the video game series titled Devil May Cry.
- Elrick: English for a king. From Edward Elric, a character in Fullmetal Alchemist.
- Hideaki: The word “excellent” comes from the Japanese language. He is a student at Ace of Diamond High School.
- Hideo: An excellent man. Hideo Kuze is a character in Ghost in the Shell.
- Hikaru: Apioneer or the first. Hikaru Shindo is the main character in Hikaru no Go.
- Isamu: The courageous one. Isamu Akamatsu is a recurring character in Hajime no Ippo.
- Kouki: Happiness and joy. Kouki Amanogawa is from Arifureta Shokugyō de Sekai Saikyō.
- Kouta: The peaceful one. Kouta Oyamada is from the series titled Kanokon.
- Jiraya: Young thunder. Jiraiya is from the Naruto series.
- Levi: Hebrew for joined together. Levi Ackermann or Captain Levi is from the movie, Attack on Titan.
- Masashi: Commander. Masashi Kishimoto is the creator of Naruto.
- Megumi: Love, blessing, or affection. Megumi Fushiguro is a character in Jujutsu Kaisen.
- Noburu: It means to expand. Noboru Shima is from the series titled Kamen Rider Blade.
- Osamu: Discipline. Osamu Dazai is from Bungo Stray Dogs.
- Ryoichi: A good person. Ryoichi Miyakoshi is from Wife Diaries.
- Ryuu: A dragon. Ryuu is a supporting character in Akagami no Shirayukihime.
- Seiji: Lawful. Seiji Aino is a high school student in Renai Bōkun.
- Shinichi: The truthful one. Shinichi Izumi is the main character in the Parasyte series.
- Tanjiro: A high-valued son. Tanjiro Kamado is a character from Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba.
- Tatsuya: An achiever. Shiba Tatsuya is from The Irregular in Magic High School.
- Tōshirō : Talented or intelligent. Tōshirō Hitsugaya is from the manga and anime series known as Bleach.
Anime boy names derived from nature
Everything you do on this planet, including the naming of your children, will be inspired by nature. Anime boys with nature-inspired names are listed here.
Ash: The ash tree’s English name was taken from this. Pokémon character Ash Ketchum is also known as Satoshi in Japan.
Astro: Greek for a boy of the stars, from the Japanese TV series Astroboy.
Bolt: Anglo-Saxon for a small farm. Bolt is a character from Apocalypse Zero.
Anime male character names derived from colours
Without a variety of hues, the world would be a dreary and lifeless place. If you think your son needs a color-themed name, take a look at the list below for some inspiration.
- Aoiro: The colour blue. It is drawn from Kubikiri Cycle: Aoiro Savant to Zaregototsukai.
- Kuro: Black. Kuro Sakuragawa is from Kyokou Suiri.
- Roy: Irish for red. Colonel Roy Mustang is from the Fullmetal Alchemist manga series.
- Karatachi: Trifoliate orange. Kagura Karatachi is from the Naruto series.
Boy names with dark meanings
Children are given names based on their circumstances, and some of these names have dark connotations. Options with dark connotations are shown below.
- Akui: Malicious or spiteful. From Akui Genji, a character Plunderer manga series.
- Akuma: Demon. From the Akuma no Riddle series.
- Inuyasha: Dog demon, from the Inuyasha, a Japanese manga series.
- Nikushimi: Hatred. Nikushimi Hyuga is from Naruto.
- Yami: Darkness. Yami Sukehiro is a member of the Black Clover universe.
- Youkai: Apparition, spirit, or phantom. Youkai are a category of supernatural entities and spirits in Japanese folklore
- Zankoku: Brutality or cruelty.
Anime girl names
Choosing a name for your baby girl is a big responsibility, as is raising her. For the majority of parents, this is both an exciting and nerve-wracking time.
Different cultures and origins have different ideal cognomens for different people to consider. Consider giving your child an anime-inspired name if you’re an anime fan.
Famous anime girl names
The following is a list of some of the most popular anime names for girls.
- Ai: Or maybe it’ll snow. The titular Yuuki Yuuna serves as the protagonist of the anime series of the same name.
- Aya: Beautiful or colourful. Aya Komichi is a character in Kiniro Mosaic.
- Asami: Hemp or future. Asami Sato is one of the main characters in Legend of Korra.
- Sakura: Japanese for cherry blossom. Sakura Haruno is from Naruto.
- Yuki: Happiness or snow. Yuuki Yuuna is the main character in the series with the same name.
- Yuri: In Japanese, lilies are a symbol of abundance, while in Hebrew they represent the light of God. As the name suggests, the focus of Yuri anime is primarily on romantic relationships between female protagonists.