Adrienne Monique Coleman is an American-born entrepreneur, singer, dancer, philanthropist, and actress. Her career is best defined by her role as Taylor McKessie in Disney’s High School Musical. She has also worked with the United Nations as a Youth Champion for the international year of youth, where she raises awareness on the challenges facing young people worldwide.
Monique can be best described as a jack of all trades due to the overwhelming success she enjoys in almost everything she touches.
Monique Coleman profile summary
- Full name: Adrienne Monique Coleman
- Date of birth: November 13, 1980
- Place of birth: Orangeburg, South Carolina, United States
- Monique Coleman age: 40 years (as of 2020)
- Nationality: American
- Height: 5′ 2½” (1.59 m)
- Relationship status: Married
- Spouse: Walter Jordan
- Profession: Actress, singer, entrepreneur, dancer, philanthropist
- Net worth: $2 million
Monique Coleman bio
Monique Coleman was born on November 13, 1980, in Orangeburg, South Carolina. How old is Monique Coleman? The super-talented actress is 40 years old as of 2020. She has not offered any information about her parents and siblings.
The actress studied at Heathwood Hall Episcopal School. She later joined the Theatre School at DePaul University in Chicago. She earned her BFA in Acting in 2002.
Her acting career started way back when she was a young girl acting in theatres. Her first significant break was while at an acting class where she was booked for her first commercial.
This breakthrough became pivotal in shaping what she was going to do next as an actress in the southeast region and later in her career.
In 2006, Coleman’s career began advancing as she appeared in the first High School Musical movie as Taylor McKessie. The Taylor High School Musical role was her major career breakthrough.
Monique Coleman movies and TV shows
Monique’s career has been characterized by progressive success. From Monique Coleman High School Musical she has grown to feature in other movie projects and television shows as follows:
- 1995: Mother of the River – Short-Film
- 1997: The Ditchdigger’s Daughters – TV Movie
- 2005: The Reading Room – TV Movie
- 2006: On-Line Short-Film
- 2006: High School Musical – TV Movie
- 2007: High School Musical 2 – TV Movie
- 2008: High School Musical 3: Senior Year – Video Short
- 2010: Promise Rings as Veronica Baylerd
- 2010: We Are Family – Post-production
- 2014: Free the N*pple as Roz
- 2015: Naomi and Ely’s No Kiss List as Girl-Robin
- 2017: Distortion – Short-Film; Post-Production
- 2017: The Outdoorsman as Jen
- 2018: Broken Star – Annie
- 2019: Witness Infection as Rose
- 2019: Real.Live.Girl as Sam – Short Film
- 2020: Steppin’ Back To Love as April – TV Movie; Main Role
- 2020: Phobias – completed
- 2020: The F*** happened – completed
Achievements and awards
Monique Coleman poses with the Looking Ahead Award For Community Service. Photo: Michael Tullberg
Source: Getty Images
Monique Coleman has accomplished so much. Her career has been decorated with numerous achievements and awards as follows:
- 1998: Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Movie or Feature Film – Young Ensemble (Nominated)
- 2006: Character and Morality in Entertainment Awards (Camie) for her role in The Reading Room (Won)
- 2019: Daytime Emmy Awards: Outstanding Host for a Lifestyle, Children’s or Special Class Program (Nominated)
Monique Coleman husband
The actress is married to the love of her life, Walter Jordan. Monique Coleman and husband tied the knot on February 14, 2012.
Monique Coleman attends Dove’s Launch of Girl Collective – The First Ever Dove Self-Esteem Project Mega-Event. Photo: Emma McIntyre
Source: Getty Images
Coleman measures 36-26-35 inches for her bust, waist and hips respectively. Her height is 5′ 2½” and she weighs 48kgs.
Monique Coleman natural hair has also made her stand out, enhancing her already sparkling dark brown eyes and smooth brown complexion.
Monique Coleman net worth
Coleman is estimated to have a net worth of around $2 million. Most of her earnings are from her career as an actress. She has also made money from dancing, entrepreneurship, and endorsements.
Monique Coleman is the true definition of greatness. From acting in theatres to performing in top-rated television shows and movies, there’s no doubt her journey has been a successful one.