Gist

#AudioVP : Presidency denies reports of Osinbajo’s aides being sacked by Buhari

The viral report that the presidency recently sacked about 35 aides of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has been denied by the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu, APC’s national spokesperson, refuting the news on Thursday, November 7, referred to the report as a fabrication of the media, and challenged those who are propelling the story to provide the names of the allegedly sacked aides, New Telegraph reports.

Issa-Onilu said: “The media or anybody alleging the sack of the Vice President’s aides should mention one name of those sacked.”

The office said, through its director of press, Willie Bassey, that such action did not take place. Bassey said he was not aware of any sack of the vice president’s aides as had been reported.

READ ALSO :  WHAT OSINBAJO SAID AFTER THE CRASH IN KOGI.

The report also claimed that the affected aides, who were issued appointment letters in August 2019, included some senior special assistants, special assistants, personal assistants and technical assistants.

“I am not aware. People have been calling me to ask. Nobody has informed me of any such development,” the director said.

Share this story

Write A Comment