Buhari bans Nigerians from travelling to China as coronavirus spreads

Buhari bans Nigerians from travelling to China

The Nigerian government issued a red alert on Wednesday, January 29, asking citizens of the country to avoid China at the moment as the dreaded coronavirus spreads across the globe.

The warning got a section of Nigerians including hospital workers in panic mode, Daily Trust reports.

The warning was issued by minister Osagie Ehanire in charge of health after the usual federal executive council meeting in Abuja.

Apart from halting any travel to China, all Nigerians returning from the Asian country are to be immediately quarantined for at least 14 days before allowing them to join their families.

This would allow the government to check out for signs of the coronavirus which is said to manifest within this period.

Also Read>  2020 Grammy Awards full winners list

The government said the instruction had been passed to all airlines operating in the country to ensure they pass information on any suspected cases.

The government also activated all agencies handling diseases to be on red alert.

reports that hours after it tenlightened Nigerians on tje signs and sympyoms of the ailment currently threatening the world, a pastor in the United States Rick Wiles has said the coronavirus is a plague sent by God to punish sinners and purge sin.

The report quoted the right-wing evangelical pastor, parents transgendering little children and the filth on TVs and movies are to blame for the coronavirus outbreak.

Share this post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *