There are very few celebs that are blessed to have a successful professional life in addition to a blissful personal life. Colombian actress cum model Carmen Villalobos happens to be one such celebrity, after a successful ten-year relationship with her significant other, actor Sebastian Caicedo, they culminated their relationship in a wedding ceremony on the 19th of April 2019.
Carmen became popular for her supporting roles in several TV shows including the likes of La Tormenta and Amores de Mercado. Her starring role of Alejandra Paz in Niños ricos, pobres padres took her to another level of fame. The actress’ other popular role was as Catalina Santana in Sin senos no hay paraíso, she has played the lead in telenovelas like Ojo por ojo, Mi corazón insiste en Lola Volcán, El Señor de los Cielos and Made in Cartagena. Carmen Villalobos has recorded a few awards through the course of her career, bagging a Gaceta as well as an ACE award for her effort in Sin senos no hay paraíso. In 2009, People en Espanol named her as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People.
Even though the actress has been in the entertainment industry for a while and has participated in various TV shows and films, she gained recognition after appearing in Amores de Mercado and La Tormenta. Starring as Catalina Santana in Sin Senos Sí Hay Paraíso made her fame shoot to the sky.
Carmen Villalobos biography
There is not enough info on her personal details but Carmen’s place of birth is Barranquilla, Colombia and she was born with the full name of Yorley del Carmen Villalobos Barrios on the 13th of July 1983. Her parents have been accurately identified as Betty Barrios (mother) and Pedro Villalobos (father), however, it is not known if she has siblings or is an only child. Nothing is known publicly about her academic qualifications and institutions attended but she has fluency in both Spanish and English.
The Colombian actress started her career in 1999 in the TV series Club 10. Later on, she landed another acting role in the 2003 telenovela titled Amor a la plancha, where she starred as Ernestina Pulido. The following year, she was featured as Catalina Urdaneta in Dora, la Celadora.
She starred in several other films and TV shows before landing her first co-lead role in La Tormenta. She also starred as Beatriz Gutierrez in the television series Amores de Santana.
Carmen rose to fame after playing Catalina Santana’s role in the telenovela Sin Senos No Hay Paraiso that aired between 2008 and 2009. In the series, she starred as an ambitious prostitute. After acing the role so well, she was offered another lead role as Alejandra Paz in Ninos Ricos, Pobres Padres.
She has also starred in the following movies and TV shows:
- 1999 – Club 10 as Abi
- 2003 – Amor a la plancha as Ernestina “Nina” Pulido
- 2004 – Dora, la celadora as Catalina Urdaneta
- 2005 to 2006 – La Tormenta Trinidad Ayala
- 2005 to 2007 – Decisiones
- 2006 – Amores de mercado as Beatriz “Betty” Gutiérrez
- 2007 – Nadie es eterno en el mundo
- 2008 to 2009 – Sin senos no hay paraíso as Catalina Santana
- 2009 to 2010 – Niños ricos, pobres padres as Alejandra Paz
- 2010 – Decisiones Extremas as Herself
- 2010 – Ojo por ojo as Nadia Monsalve
- 2011 – Mi corazón insiste en Lola Volcán as María Dolores “Lola” Volcán
- 2012 – Made in Cartagena as Flora María Díaz
- 2013 to 2018 – El Señor de los Cielos as Leonor Ballesteros
- 2013 – Primer Plano as Guest
- 2016 – Las Princesas as Vanessa Mondragon
- 2016 to 2017 – Don Francisco Te Invita as Guest
- 2016 to 2018 – Sin senos sí hay paraíso as Catalina Santana / Virginia Fernández
- 2018 – El fantasma de mi novia as Lupe del Mar
- 2018 – The Suso’s Show as Guest
- 2019 – El final del paraiso as Catalina Santana / Virginia Fernández
- 2021 – Café con aroma de mujer as Lucía Sanclemente
Awards and nominations
The actress has bagged the following accolades:
- 2012 – The Perfect Couple with Jencarlos Canela at Your World Awards for her role in Mi corazón insiste en Lola Volcán (nominated).
- 2012- The Best kiss with with Jencarlos Canela at Your World Awards for her role in Mi corazón insiste en Lola Volcán (nominated).
- 2013 – The Best Supporting Actress during the Premios People en Español for her role in El Señor de los Cielos (nominated)
- 2014 – The Favorite Lead Actress at Your World Awards for her role in El Señor de Los Cielos (nominated)
- 2015 – The Favorite Lead Actress in a series at Your World Awards for her role in El Señor de Los Cielos (nominated)
Carmen Villalobos boyfriend and wedding
Carmen is married to her long-term boyfriend, Sebastian Caicedo. Sebastian wears different hats when it comes to his career and business. He is a successful businessman who owns a night club in Bogota, Colombia. He has also partnered with a company that offers parking meter services.
When he is not on business missions, Sebastian is out shooting a film. He is a super-talented actor who has starred in numerous movies and TV shows. Some of the telenovelas he has starred in are:
- Padres e Hijo
- Los Reyes
- Sin Senos no Hay Paraiso
- Nadie es Eterno en el Mundo
- La Quiero a Morir
The duo first met while shooting the telenovela, Nadie es eterno en el Mundo. Even though they acted as a couple on the show, it was purely professional as they were dating other people outside the set. Carmen was in a seven-year-long relationship, while Sebastian was in a five-year-long relationship.
The two met once again during the Sin Senos No Hay Paraiso farewell party, but they both had ended their previous relationships this time. They went to the movies for their first date since Carmen was leaving for a trip the following day. They talked online for many hours, and that’s how their relationship started.
Sebastian and Carmen Villalobos wedding took place on 18th October 2019 after dating for 11years. The intimate ceremony took place in their hometown of Cartagena, Colombia, in the presence of their friends and family members. She walked down the aisle wearing a white gown, and the groom was dressed in a pink suit.
Carmen and Sebastian are not only lovers but also business partners. They launched an organic wine business that boasts low sugar drinks imported from Uruguay. Besides, they have shared acting credits together in Nadie es Eterno en el Mundo, Sin Senos No Hay Paraiso and El Señor de los Cielos Season 2.
Height and other body measurements
Carmen Villalobos height is 5 feet 6 inches, and she weighs 51kg. She has a slim body that measures 34-24-36 inches for her bust, waist and hips, respectively. She has dark brown hair and eyes. The model wears a bra size 32D, shoe size 7.5 (US) and dress size 6 (US).
Carmen Villalobos net worth
Her annual income has never been reported but speculations are that the actress is worth around $5 million. Carmen’s wealth has come majorly from acting but her work as a fashion designer will take the credit for a digit or two.
Wothappen.com recently published the interesting biography of Hallie Eisenberg. Hallie is an award-winning American former child actress who took a break from acting over ten years ago to focus on her education.
Hallie Eisenberg began her on-screen career in TV commercials, and she gained fame as the Pepsi girl. She went on to prove her acting prowess by featuring in TV and movie projects and also winning awards and several nominations.