Easter quotes are a great way of telling a loved one that you are thinking about them. The festive season brings with it a lot of good cheer but you might not always have the right words to express this. If you are trying to find a unique way of wishing your friend a Happy Easter, use one of these 30 unique quotes.
Every year, Christians celebrate Jesus’ resurrection in different ways. While you could always buy your friend a gift, you can also rekindle the festive spirit with one of these Happy Easter pictures and quotes.
10 religious Happy Easter quotes
What do we say on Easter? Anyone who is a devout Christian would enjoy reading these Happy Easter religious quotes:
- If man had his way, the plan of redemption would be endless and bloody conflict. In reality, salvation was bought not by Jesus’ fist, but by His nail-pierced hands; not by muscle but by love; not by vengeance but by forgiveness; not by force but by sacrifice. Jesus Christ our Lord surrendered in order that He might win; He destroyed His enemies by dying for them and conquered death by allowing death to conquer Him – A.W. Tozer
- As you reflect on the sacrifice that Jesus made for us, I want you to remember his abundant blessings more than you remember the pitfalls that come with being a believer. I want you to be energized by the knowledge that just as he rose from the dead, he will reignite your spirit and give you the strength to carry on.
- Remember Jesus of Nazareth, staggering on broken feet out of the tomb toward the Resurrection, bearing on his body the proud insignia of the defeat which is victory, the magnificent defeat of the human soul at the hands of God – Frederick Buechner
- Each time my faith falters, you have always been there to encourage me. During this time when we reflect on the trials and tribulations that the Messiah went through, I would like to thank you for holding my hand. I wish you a happy holiday, with God’s love and blessings.
- Jesus was born into an existence that I cannot fathom, and He died a death of the very same sort. And therefore, what insanity causes me to presume His inability to understand the difficulties of my existence when His wildly eclipsed mine, and why do I doubt His adequacy to engage the death within me when He died a death for me? – Craig D. Lounsbrough
- How special are we that Jesus laid down his life for us? We are so lucky to be the chosen ones. As you celebrate this holiday, I want to wish you and your family a lot of love and good cheer.
- Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song. – Pope John Paul II
- This holiday, I pray that you experience renewal in your life. Just as Jesus rose from the dead and made everything new again, I pray that everything in your life gets reenergized. May you experience new horizons and have more strength for each day.
- The gifts of the Master are these: freedom, life, hope, new direction, transformation, and intimacy with God. If the cross was the end of the story, we would have no hope. But the cross isn’t the end. Jesus didn’t escape from death; he conquered it and opened the way to heaven for all who will dare to believe. The truth of this moment, if we let it sweep over us, is stunning. It means Jesus really is who he claimed to be, we are really as lost as he said we are, and he really is the only way for us to intimately and spiritually connect with God again. – Steven James
- Jesus laid down his life, so that yours may prosper. As we celebrate this holiday, I wish you and your family boundless prosperity. May all your dreams come true and all your hustles pay off.
10 Easter quotes Bible verses
Looking for some Easter sayings from the holy book? Here are a few Bible verses that are very appropriate for the festive season:
- Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy, he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. – 1 Peter 1:3
- Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. – Romans 6:8-11
- Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. – Romans 8:34
- For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. – Colossians 1:13-14
- And God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power. – 1 Corinthians 6:14
- If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. – Romans 10:9
- For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. – Thessalonians 4:14
- Don’t be afraid! I am the First and Last. I am the living one. I died, but look–I am alive forever and ever! – Revelation 1:17b-18a
- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! – 2 Corinthians 5:17
- For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God. – 1 Corinthians 1:18
10 funny Happy Easter quotes
Why do we love Easter? Because it brings cherished moments with family and friends. Easter sayings do not always have to be serious and thought-provoking. If you have a loved one who cannot resist a clever pun or hilarious joke, these Easter funny quotes will make them happy.
- Happy holiday my friend. Nobunny compares to you!
- I wish you and your family an eggcelent holiday!
- If you see a rabbit lay little brown eggs, do not eat them! It is not chocolate
- What happened to the egg after it was told a funny joke? It cracked up!
- That first Easter must have been really awkward – the apostles had already divided up Jesus’ stuff! – William Ader
- Easter egg hunts are proof that your children can find things when they really want to
- Two things I learned from the Easter bunny – everyone is entitled to a bad hare day and some body parts should be floppy!
- Easter has been canceled; they found the body – Jim Butcher
- My favorite holiday is Easter. For those who do not know what this holiday is about; it is the day we celebrate Jesus rising from the grave and coming back to Earth as a rabbit that hides colored eggs. – Adam Ferrara
- Two thousand years ago Jesus is crucified. Three days later he walks out of a cave and they celebrate with chocolate bunnies and marshmallow peeps and beautifully decorated eggs. I guess these were things Jesus loved as a child – Billy Crystal
There are Easter quotes for everyone – loved ones, religious people and those with a sense of humor can each get something special from this list. To make your friend feel really special this year, send them a unique quote or two.