Perhaps your Nigerian National ID card has already been printed, but you’re not aware of this. In Nigeria, if you have registered for a National ID card, you can check its status online, according to the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).
Here’s how Nigerians can see if their ID cards are ready for pick up by following this procedure.
How do I find out if my National ID card has been issued yet?
National identity card checks are now available online, and here’s how you can do it:
- NIMC’s official website can be found by typing in “NIMC”.
- You can check the status of your e-ID card by clicking on the ‘e-ID Card Status Portal’ at the bottom of the homepage.
- Enter your name, last name, and the NIMC check tracking ID into the appropriate fields, and then click the “check now” button.
Head to an activation center when your card is ready to be picked up and activated.
Requirements for the collection and activation of the National e-ID Card.
The following conditions must be met in order to obtain and activate your e-ID card:
If you received an SMS with your Batch ID Number, you’re all set.
- To activate your e-ID Card, you’ll need a four-digit password. Don’t give out this PIN to anyone.
- In addition, keep in mind that your fingerprints will be used to activate the app.
Activation of a credit or debit card
The card activation procedure is simple, and it is also completely free. The following procedure is used to activate your card:
- NIMC has sent you a text message or an email with a batch ID, which you must bring to a card collection center to get your card.
- Afterward, the Card Operations Support Officer will use the batch ID that was extracted from your SMS to identify your card.
- To verify the information on the card envelope, the Activation Officer will give you the e-ID Card.
- Before the e-ID Card can be activated, it is recommended that you open the card envelope, remove the e-ID Card, and verify the names, dates of birth, and photo on the card’s face.
- The Activation Officer will collect your e-ID card for a Match-on-Card (MOC) verification if you are satisfied with the information on the e-ID card.
- In order to activate the Electronic Public Key Infrastructure (ePKI), Electronic ID (eID), ICAO applet, and Europay-MasterCard-Visa (EMV) applet, the Activation Officer uses a four-digit password that you created (and only known to you).
- This card will be returned to you once the activation process has been completed.
The e-ID card’s features and capabilities
- An applicant’s name, address, and other identifying information are all included in this document. An important part of validating an applicant’s National Identification Number (NIN) is this function, which makes the National e-ID an invaluable tool for organizations that provide services to their customers, such as banks and other financial institutions that use the “Know Your Customer” (KYC) tool.
- Anywhere in the world, it can be used to make payments for goods and services.
- On it are stored all of your ten fingerprints that were taken at the time of your registration in the National Identity Database.
- They can’t be accessed by anyone who isn’t authorized. Match-on Card (MoC) is the most secure method for verifying the identity of an individual.
- Secure communication between people, users, and devices is made possible by the Electronic Public Key Infrastructure (ePKI).
- It is also a travel document that complies with international standards such as the ICAO. People who want to migrate across borders, such as within West Africa or to other countries that don’t require a visa, can use it in the future.
- The National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) and the eHealth function on the national e-ID card can be used to administer health insurance schemes.
- PENCOM and the Pension applet are working together to make it easier for people to keep track of their retirement savings.
It can be used to cast a ballot.
- As a self-service payment channel, it allows cardholders to meet their tax obligations from the comfort of their homes and workplaces.
- By inserting the National e-ID Card into a POS-like card reader with the appropriate digital certificate, the information on the national driver’s license can be accessed
- Because it can be used as a travel card, cardholders can load credits/units onto their cards to pay for public transportation.