Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) is one of the essential agencies in the country. The firm collects information from registered financial institutions. In turn, it makes sure that the gathered consumer credit details are available to all the credit lending establishments across the country. But do you know how to check CRB status online in Kenya to determine your credit score?
A positive CRB status means that you are consistent in repaying your loans while negative means a defaulted credit. If you fall in the latter category, you are listed in a blacklist record that is accessible to all lenders. As a result, you can never get another loan due to your bad reputation. So what’s the procedure on how to check CRB status online in Kenya?
How to check if you are in CRB
The following are the ways you can ascertain if your name is blacklisted in CRB:
First on our CRB checklist is Metropol. The first step is to access the Metropol website or download the Metropol Crystobol app or dial *433#. This is a convenient method for many who want to know how to check CRB status online in Kenya using mobile.
Metropol application is available on both Google Play Store and App Store. Upon installation, you need to launch it and start the registration process by following on-screen instructions.
If you have decided to use the Metropol website, use your browser to access it. We recommend Chrome, Browser, Safari, or Firefox. Provide your details on the registration page and follow prompts.
To access your credit information offline with Metropol, use the steps below:
- The first step is to Pay Ksh. 50 as registration fees through 220388 as your Pay Bill number.
- Enter your ID number as the account number.
- You will get an SMS with your unique code details, a reference number, and a link.
- Dial *433# and enter your PIN, and you will receive your details via the SMS.
Other services offered by Metropol
- Credit report: You will be required to pay Ksh. 250 to get the report.
- Finding out who blacklisted you: You have to pay Ksh. 50 to know the lender who forwarded your name to the CRB.
- Clearance certificate: After clearing your defaulted loans, you’ll be issued with a clearance certificate. A Ksh. 2,200 processing fee is charged.
For inquiries or if you need any details to be clarified, contact Metropol CRB limited via the following:
- Physical location: Loita Street, Barclays Plaza, 9th Floor, Nairobi
- Phone number: +254709834000
- Website: metropol.co.ke
How to check CRB status online in Kenya with TransUnion
The following are ways one can check CRB status online in Kenya via TransUnion CRB
- Send an SMS to 21272
- TransUnion CRB app
- TransUnion website
If you decide to use the TransUnion website, follow the following CRB check online steps:
- Connect to the internet
- Open your browser and navigate to Transunion website
- Register to obtain your credit score
Agency’s mobile app
- Navigate to Google Play Store or App Store to download the TransUnion Nipashe application.
- Open the app and register: You will need your ID number and other personal details.
- Follow on-screen instructions to access your CRB status.
- Send your full name to 21272
- Enter your ID number
- Choose your credit status.
If the process was successful, then you should, by now, know if you have a negative or positive rating. The former means you are blacklisted, and the latter, your credit score is quite impressive.
You can also access other TransUnion services such as:
- A credit report: You will be entitled to a free credit report in a year upon the payment of Ksh 650 to the agency. Use 212121 as the PayBill number and your ID number as the account number.
- Clearance certificate: Register using your email address. Pay Ksh. Two thousand two hundred using the same PayBill number shown above. Claim your certificate by sending your M-Pesa message to email@example.com
In case you experience any technical difficulties during the procedure, reach out via the following details:
- Physical location: Prosperity House, Westlands Rd, Off Museum Hill in Westlands, Nairobi.
- Phone 1: +254 20 3751799
- Phone 2: 0730651000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: transunionnipashe.co.ke
How to check My CRB Status online via CreditInfo
CreditInfo entirely works on the information they receive through emails. You will be required to fill the following:
- An online credit request form to obtain your certificate of clearance.
- If you feel that your credit report contains incorrect information, you will be asked to fill the Credit Report Dispute Form.
Reach out to this CRB company via the following to have your issues sorted:
- Physical location: Park Suites, Office 12, Second Floor, Parklands Road
- Postal address: PO Box 38941-00623 – Parklands, Nairobi.
- Phone number: +254 20 375 7272.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Website: creditinfo.co.ke
Check CRB status via USSD code
If you can’t access the internet or download any app on your device, then you can use this simple procedure to check your credit score. This method is highly recommendable as it is fast and hassles free. However, it isn’t free of charge as it will cost you Ksh. 100. Use the following steps
- Open your phone dial app
- Dial *433# and tap the call icon
- Make the call from your Safaricom line
- Enter your valid ID
- Key in the agent code as 222000
- Confirm your details
- Navigate to M-Pesa to make payments
- Use 220388 as the Pay Bill number
- The account number should be your valid ID number
- Enter Ksh. 100
- Key in your PIN and send it.
You will receive confirmation messages as well as your CRB status in seconds if your transaction was successful.
The procedure on how to check CRB status online Kenya is that simple. None of the Credit Reference Bureaus offers free services. Hence you will need some funds in your mobile wallet. If you are blacklisted, clear your outstanding loan with your financer as soon as possible and follow up to have your name cleared.