John Marvin Perkins, famously known as John Hawkes is an American actor, who is best known for his portrayal in the merchant Sol Star on the HBO series Deadwood, Dustin Powers on Eastbound & Down, backwoods meth addict, Teardrop Dolly in Winter’s Bone, for he was nominated in the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor and his Golden Globe Award and Screen Actors Guild Award-nominated by the portrayal of Mark O’Brien in The Sessions. His other notable works include Martha Marcy May Marlene, Low Down, The Perfect Storm, and From Dusk Till Dawn.
John Hawkes Age
John Hawkes is 63 years as of 2022. He was born on September 11, 1959, in Alexandria, Minnesota, United States. He celebrates his birthday on September 11 every year. His birth sign is Virgo.
John Hawkes Height
John is a man of average height. He stands at a height of 5 feet 8 inches or 1.78 m.
John Hawkes Weight
John is a man of moderate weight. He weighs 70 kg (154.32 lbs).
John Hawkes Education
John Hawkes graduated from Thomas Jefferson High School and from there he joined St. Cloud State University. Hawkes graduated from Jefferson High School.
John Hawkes Family
John Hawkes was born in Alexandria, Minnesota to parents John Perkins (father) and Patricia Jeanne (mother). He was raised in a “pastoral, small city a midwest Scandinavian community”. His father John Perkins was a farmer of wheat, corn, hogs, and cattle.
John Hawkes is a happily married man. He is married to Sophie after dating her for a while. He is definitely not gay as he has three children (kids). He is living very happily with his life partner and is very responsible for his family.
John Hawkes Net Worth
John has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2020. This includes his assets, money, and income. His primary source of income is his career as an actor. Through his various sources of income, he has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
John Hawkes Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about John
John Hawkes Wiki
- Full Names: John Marvin Perkins
- Popular As: John Hawkes
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Actor
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: Not Available
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
John Hawkes Birthday
- Age / How Old?:61 years (2020)
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Date of Birth: September 11, 1959
- Place of Birth: Alexandria, Minnesota, United States.
- Birthday: September 11th
John Hawkes Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 8 inches or 1.78 m.
- Weight: 5 feet 8 inches or 1.78 m.
- Eye Color: Brown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Shoe Size: Not Available
John Hawke Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): John Perkins
- Mother: Patricia Jeanne
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse or Husband/Spouse: Married to Sophie
- Children: Sons ( TBA) Daughter(s) (TBA)
John Hawkes Networth and Salary
- Net Worth: Under Review
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Under Review
John Hawke House and Cars
- Place of living: To be Updated
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
John Hawkes Actor
He had his first film role in the Future-Kill (1985), credited as John Perkins. He then changed his stage name to John Hawkes because there was another actor named John Perkins. He also played the role of Greg Penticoff in season 1 of 24. From 2004 to 2006, he also played merchant Sol Star on the HBO series Deadwood.
He portrayed Dustin Powers, brother of protagonist Kenny Powers, all four seasons of the HBO series Eastbound & Down, and played Lennon on ABC’s Lost. His other film roles include Me and You and Everyone We Know, The Perfect Storm, American Gangster, Wristcutters: A Love Story, Martha Marcy May Marlene, and Lincoln.
In 2011, he was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in Winter’s Bone, as well as for a number of other awards, including the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role. He, therefore, won the Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Male.
Also in 2011, Hawkes was honored with a Rising Star Award by the Texas Film Hall of Fame. It was announced that Hawkes would star in the Amazon pilot in 2016, The Legend of Master Legend, which is based on the popular real-life superhero Master Legend. Ian McShane confirmed that David Milch submitted a script for a two-hour Deadwood movie to HBO in April 2017.
” two-hour movie script has been delivered to HBO. If they don’t deliver [a finished product], blame them,” McShane said. Hawkes then went on to and said about the original cast returning, “we’d all love to do it … It would be good to see all of the old gang again.” He then expressed his interest in reprising his role as Sol Star. The film began production in October 2018 and was premiered on May 31, 2019.
John Hawkes (Actor) Movies
- The Peanut Butter Falcon 2019
- End of Sentence 2019
- Unlovable 2018
- Small Town Crime 2017
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri 2017
- Too Late 2015
- The Driftless Area 2015
- Everest 2015
- Low Down 2014
- The Pardon 2013
- Life of Crime 2013
- The Sessions 2012
- The Playroom 2012
- Lincoln 2012
- Arcadia 2012
- Higher Ground 2011
John Hawkes (Actor) TV Shows
- Too Old to Die Young 2019
- Deadwood 2019
- Inside Amy Schumer 2015
- How and Why 2014
- Outlaw Country 2011
- Lost 2010
- Psych 2009
- Eastbound & Down 2009–2013
- Monk 2008
- Without a Trace 2007
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation 2007
- Deadwood 2004-2006
- Strange Frequency 2003
- Taken 2002
- Strange Frequency 2001
- Sam’s Circus 2001
John Hawkes (Actor) Nominations
- Academy Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role 2011 · Winter’s Bone
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture – Drama 2013 · The Sessions
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series 2007 · Deadwood
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role 2013 · The Sessions
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role 2011 · Winter’s Bone
- Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Actor 2013 · The Sessions
- AACTA International Award for Best Actor 2013 · The Sessions
- Satellite Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture 2012 · The Sessions
John Hawkes Books
- Cassandra 1992
- Plays for a New Theatre: Long Night of Medea, Methusalem Or the Eternal Bourgeois, Assault Upon Charles Sumner, Wax Museum, Knackery for All Boris Vian
- Lasers: Theory and Practice 1995
- The Goose on the Grave: The Owl Two Short Novels 1954
- Regulus And Maximus
- Island Fire 1988
- A John Hawkes Symposium: Design and Debris 1977
- Autobiographie d’un cheval 1995
- innocent party: four short plays 1966
- The Lime Twig: Second Skin; Travesty 1996
- The Lime Twig 1961
- The Cannibal 1949
- The beetle leg 1951
- Second Skin (novel) 1964
- Death Sleep and the Traveler 1974
- The Blood Oranges 1971
Frequently Asked Questions About John Hawkes
Who is John Hawkes?
He is an American actor, who is best known for his portrayal of the merchant Sol Star on the HBO series Deadwood
How old is John Hawke?
He is 61 years old as of 2020. He was born on September 11, 1959, in Alexandria, Minnesota, in the United States of America.
How tall is John Hawke?
John stands at a height of 1.78 m
Is John Hawke married?
Yes, he is married and he is married to Sophie.
How much is John Hawke’s worth?
John has not shared his net worth, it is estimated to be around$1 to $4 million.
How much does John Hawke make?
He has not revealed the amount of salary that he makes thus the information will be updated as soon as it is available.
Where does Hawkes live?
Because of security reasons he has not shared his precise location of residence otherwise if we get an image of his house we will update it immediately.
Is John dead or alive?
He is still alive and in good health.
Who plays Kenny’s brother?
Hawkes played the role of Greg Penticoff in season 1 of 24. From 2004 to 2006, Hawkes played merchant Sol Star on the HBO series Deadwood. He portrayed Dustin Powers, brother of protagonist Kenny Powers, all four seasons of the HBO series Eastbound & Down, and played Lennon on ABC’s Lost