Quinta Brunson is an American writer, producer, comedian and actress, who gained recognition for her appearance in Girl Who Has Never Been on a Nice Date, self-produced Instagram series.
She produced and starred in BuzzFeed Video and developed two streaming series with BuzzFeed Motion Pictures. After leaving BuzzFeed in 2018, Brunson starred in iZombie, voiced Lazor Wolfe and Sorceress Friendship Squad, and starred in the first season of HBO’s sketch comedy Black Lady Sketch Show. And the star of the upcoming ABC sitcom Abbott Elementary.
Quinta Brunson Age
Brunson is 31 years old as of 2020, she was born on 21 December 1989, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. She celebrates her birthday on 21 December every year and her birth sign is Sagittarius.
Quinta Brunson Height and Weight
Brunson stands at a height of 5 feet 0 inches (1.52 meters), weighs 49 Kg (108 lbs), and has black hair and brown eyes.
She attended Temple University and took classes at Second City in Chicago her sophomore year. She dropped out of school shortly after to pursue a career in comedy.
Quinta Brunson Family, Parents and Siblings
Brunson was born and raised by her parents in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
. Our efforts to find out more about her family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, the identity of Brunson’s parents is still unclear. It is also not known if she has any siblings. We will update this section once this information is available.
Brunson studied marketing at Temple University, where she first caught the comedy bug while performing at the school’s comedy show, Temple Smash. However, she dropped out of the university to pursue her dream of making it in the entertainment industry.
After dropping out of college, Brunson moved to Chicago, where she took improv classes at Second City, and tried to find success in the city’s standup comedy circuit.
In 2014, she created a character, “The Girl Who’s Never Been on a Nice Date,” for a stage bit at the Comedy Store, then shot it as a short sketch at the suggestion of a friend, and uploaded it to her Instagram account.
She is the creator, writer, and star of her own Facebook Watch series, Quinta Vs. Everything; was a staff writer and voice actor on Adult Swim’s Lazor Wulf; and guest stars in the third season of Big Mouth.
Did Quinta leave BuzzFeed?
Yes, she did.
When did Quinta leave BuzzFeed?
She left BuzzFeed in 2018 with ambitions beyond a 9-to-5 gig and landed roles on the traditional silver screen, co-starring alongside D.R.A.M. and Vince Staples in Adult Swim’s Lazor Wulf and guesting on iZombie.
Brunson has also been a core cast member in A Black Lady Sketch Show. She also plays the lead role of Ruby in The CW pilot The End of the World As We Know It and recurs on ABC’s Single Parents and The CW’s iZombie.
Her acting credits include:
- 2019-2020 – Big Mouth (TV series) – Quinta / Girl
- 2020 – Magical Girl Friendship Squad (TV series short) – Alex
- 2020 – An American Pickle – Female Interviewee
- 2020 – Thundercat: Dragonball Durag (Video short)
- 2018-2020 –Single Parents(TV series) – Bess
- 2019 – A Black Lady Sketch Show (TV series) – Various Characters
- 2019 – iZombie (TV series) – Dr. Collier / Dr. Charlie Collier / Laila
- 2019 – The New Negroes (TV series)
- 2019 – Lazor Wulf (TV series) – The Youth / Blazor Wulf / Pearl / …
- 2018 – The End of the World As We Know It (TV movie) – Ruby
- 2018 – New Girl (TV series) – Annabelle
- 2017-2018 – Quinta vs. Everything (TV series) – Quinta
- 2015-2017 – Zack & Justin (TV series)
- 2017 – Up for Adoption (TV series) – Michelle
- 2016 – Broke (TV series) – Miloh
- 2015 – You Do You (TV mini-series) – Quinta
- 2014-2015- BuzzFeed Video (TV series short)
- 2015 – Americans Watch Country Music Videos for the First Time (Video short) – As herself
- 2015 – Things That Make Servers Want to Hide in the Back (Video short) – Exceedingly Patient Waitress
- 2014 – How to be the Perfect Woman (According to Men) (Video short) – As herself
She has written the following:
- Lazor Wulf ( 1 episode, At the End of the Day)
- Quinta vs. Everything (3 episodes, Quinta vs. Family, Quinta vs. Self-Care, Quinta vs. Womanhood)
- Up for Adoption (2 episodes)
- Broke (1 episode, 2016)
In 2017, she was nominated for a Streamy Award under the Best Acting in a Comedy category for her role in Broke (2016).
Quinta Brunson net worth
According to Idol Celebs, the writer’s net worth is guesstimated at $1 Million – $5 Million.
How tall is Quinta from BuzzFeed?
Quinta B height is 5 feet, which translates to 152 centimetres or 1.52 metres.
Quinta BuzzFeed boyfriend
Quinta Brunson is not yet married. However, during an interview in 2019, she confirmed that she has a boyfriend.
I’m fortunate because I have a person in my life—my boyfriend—who doesn’t really use social media all that much, so spending time with him really makes me feel good.
Quinta Brunson quotes
Here are some of her popular quotes:
- ”I have a vision for what I want. I’ve had it forever. I don’t know what my life would be without it, so I have to stay on the path.”
- ”I have wonderful friends and comedians around me who are always open to adding their talents to the projects, so they actually happen, which is cool.”
- “I rant about things going on in my life. I’m just very honest, and there’s always honesty in comedy, so people find it funny.”
- ”I developed an interest in comedy at a very young age, thanks to my brothers and sisters. They had me quoting Martin Lawrence’s and Jamie Foxx’s characters at the age of 3 in my car seat.”
- ”Things that happen to me and to friends are really inspiring right now because I think that personal stories are a huge catalyst for change in our climate.”
- ”As far as stand-up being male-dominated and me being a black woman, I’ve always found that it was cool that I always had a different perspective than most people in that world.”
- ”I saw myself becoming an actress or an automotive engineer. I was very into cars in my teens. Later on, I just wanted to be an assistant at Pixar.”
- ”In reality, I’m a child of the internet. I was born with it, I love it and I use it every day. I don’t want to abandon it.”
Quinta Brunson is an extremely talented entertainer who excels at everything she tries. She is one of the most popular comedians today, and rightfully so.
Wothappen.com recently published a piece that delves deep into the life of Victoria Principal, a well-known retired actress who left Hollywood to pursue her passion for skincare. Victoria is famous for her role as Pamela Barnes Ewing on the long-running soap opera Dallas. She also appeared in the films The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean and Earthquake.
Victoria Principal is a shrewd entrepreneur, talented actress, and a philanthropic worth many accolades. Despite no longer being in the entertainment industry, she is still an icon.