A wolf represents a strong connection with instincts and intuition, high intelligence, and communication. Human beings have drawn a lot of valuable lessons from wolves. We have compiled several wolf quotes that would inspire you.
Are you looking for thought-provoking badass wolf quotes that would make you smarter? Look no more. Below you will find a collection of wise and insightful quotes about wolves.
Quotes about wolves
Wolves are some of the most fierce hunters on earth. Their social life, pack mentality, among other aspects, are admirable. You can pick a wolf quote from the list below.
- Flatterers look like friends, as wolves like dogs. – George Chapman
- The wolf is the arch-type of ravin, the beast of waste and desolation. – Theodore Roosevelt
- As wolves love lambs, so lovers love their loves. – Plato
- It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. – Virgil
- The black wolf’s curse awakes every time that a full moon points in the middle of the sky. – Pet Torres
- The gaze of the wolf reaches into our soul. – Barry Lopez
- Wolves go after a wounded deer; it is the nature of the beast. – Barbara Delinsky
- Crying wolves are a real danger. – David Attenborough
- The wolves on the hill are not as hungry as the ones climbing the hill. – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- The wolf’s clear, intelligent eyes brushed mine. It is gentle-hearted. Not noble, not cowardly, just non-fighting. – Lois Crisler
- If you live among wolves, you have to act like one. – Nikita Khrushchev
- The wolves will never lose sleep, worrying about the feelings of the sheep. But nobody ever told the sheep that they outnumber the wolves. – Bray Wyatt
- Wolves fail to hide their integrity, just like the way men fail to hide their own animality. – Munia Khan
Thought-provoking wolf quotes
Here are some more wolves quotes:
- If you run from a wolf, you may run into a bear. – Lithuanian
- The wolves in the uniform with the license to do that. – Ehsan Sehgal
- Those are the voices of my brothers, darling; I love the company of wolves. – Angela Carter
- A man might befriend a wolf, even break it, but no man could truly tame one. – George R.R. Martin
- She slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew a lion was among them. – R.M. Drake
- Careless shepherd makes excellent dinner for the wolves. – Earl Derr Biggers
- When one runs with the wolves, one must howl with the pack. – Leon Trotsky
- Growing up, I was taught that a man has to defend his family. When the wolf is trying to get in, you gotta stand in the doorway. – B. B. King
- Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. – James Bovard
- When a wolf doesn’t want to do something, they look really cute. – Michelle Paver
- Man is to man either a god or a wolf. – Desiderius Erasmus
- Where there are sheep, the wolves are never very far away. – Plato
- That night the wind was howling almost like a wolf, and there were some real wolves off to the west giving it lessons. – George R.R. Martin
- In the calm, deep waters of the mind, the wolf waits. – F.T. McKinstry
- To the wolves, you left me to the wolves. I thought it was me and you against the world, but you left me to the wolves. – Anberlin
- Fierce as the prowling wolves at the close of the day and swift as eagles in pursuit of prey. – Thomas Parnell
- Wolves with wolves are never savage. – James Clerk Maxwell
- In freedom, wolves are grown but deal with them in short: In the grass, in ice, in snow, it is always shot. – Anna Akhmatova
- Wolves don’t perform in a circus, and people with a mind of their own, don’t perform in a circus either. – Avijeet Das
Lone wolf quotes
Lone wolves act independently and prefer to do things on their own, prefer solitude, express introversion, or work alone. Here are some quotes about the same:
- I think I’m still a lone wolf internally. And I always will be. – Rob Halford
- Don’t be afraid to walk alone, don’t be afraid to like that.
- I don’t want to be alone, I want to be left alone.
- I am alone for a reason.
- Go solo, go far.
- Your first mistake was thinking that I’m one of your sheep.
Wolf sayings and proverbs
Here are some cool sayings and proverbs on wolves:
- The report makes the wolf bigger than he is. – German Proverb
- When shepherds quarrel, the wolf has a winning game. – German proverb
- It is madness for a sheep to talk of peace with a wolf. – French proverb
- When the wolf invites you in, you had better take your dog. – Syrian Proverb
- The sheep has no choice when in the jaws of the wolf. – Chinese Proverb
- Throw me to the wolves & I’ll return leading the pack – Unknown
- Make yourself a sheep, and the wolf will eat you. – German Proverb
- If the wolf would cease his running, the people would cease their shouting. – German proverb
- Hunger drives the wolf out of the wood. – German Proverb
- One man alone is prey to the wolf. – French Proverb
- When shepherds quarrel, the wolf has a winning game. – German Proverb
- Whoever feeds the wolf in the winter will be eaten by him in the spring. – Greek Proverb
- It is a hard winter when one wolf eats another. – French Proverb
- No sheep runs into the mouth of a sleeping wolf. – Dutch Proverb
- No matter how much you feed a wolf, he will always return to the forest. – Russian Proverb
- The wolf loves the fog. – Albanian Proverb
Here are some amazing expressions with the word wolf:
- Cry wolf – to give a false alarm, to warn of a danger that is not there.
- Keep the wolf from the door – to maintain oneself at the most basic level.
- Keep the wolves at bay – to fight against some kind of trouble.
- A lone wolf – someone who prefers to spend time alone and has few friends.
- Throw (someone) to the wolves – to send someone into danger without protection, to sacrifice someone.
- Wolf down – to gulp down something, to eat something quickly.
- A wolf in sheep`s clothing – a person who pretends to be good but really is bad.
Wolf quotes are used in various motivational functions to inspire people. These are some of the best inspiring sayings you will ever come by.