A new trend is taking over TikTok called ‘what era is your face from’, but how do you do it? Here’s a step-by-step guide.
One of TikTok’s most popular trends it the Celebrity Look-Alike Challenge, which allows you to see which celebrity you resemble.
Now, a similar challenge is going viral called ‘what era is your face from’, and here’s exactly how to do it.
What is the ‘what era is your face from’ trend?
TikTok’s ‘what era is your face from’ trend does exactly what it says on the tin – tells you what era you’re from based on your appearance!
The challenge uses a grid of different faces from throughout every century, starting from the 1300s going right up to the 1950s.
Then, you use a specific filter to choose which era you most look like and morph your face into it.
So, how do you do it? Find a step-by-step guide below.
How to do the ‘what era is your face from’ trend
First, you need to find a grid that contains a face from each different era and save it to your camera roll.
You can either find one on Google Images, TikTok, Instagram or Twitter, or make one yourself using an editing collage app.
Then, follow these steps…
- Open TikTok and go to the search bar.
- Search for ‘shapeshifting filter’.
- Find a video that has used this filter. It will say ‘shapeshifting’.
- alongside an orange star above their username.
- Click on the orange star and tap the pink record button.
- Now click on the photo grid you saved earlier.
- Press record and see which era your face is from.