Today Tuesday the Senate adjoined plenary on Wednesday after 10 munites of sitting over lack of quorum
Tuesday’s sitting was attended by five Senators out of 109 and after the opening prayers by the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki, Senator Olushola Adeyeye moved for adjournment.
2. Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) Chairman, Prof Itse Sagay (SAN) on Tuesday said former President Olusegun Obasanjo was suffering from what he called “power withdrawal syndrome”.
Saggy in a statement on Tuesday said Obasanjo lacked the qualities that mark the status of a former President, such as quiet dignity, respect, discretion, decorum, discipline unlike other past presidents.
3. The National Council of State presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the sum of N27,000 as the new minimum wage.
The Council approved the sum during a meeting at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, which had in attendance former presidents Olusegun Obasanjo, Goodluck Jonathan and the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, among others.
4. The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has announced the appointment of three new Air Officers Commanding (AOCs) and 68 others, to man the various divisions and units of the service across the country.
Under the new arrangement, Air Vice Marshall Peter Uzezi is now the new Air Officer Commanding (AOC), Mobility Command, Yenagoa; Napoleon Bali, AOC, Special Operations Command, Yenagoaand John Baba, AOC Tactical Air Command.
5. The Buhari Campaign Organisation, BCO, has instituted a N40million libel suit against the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar, accusing him of defaming President Muhammadu Buhari and his family.
President Buhari was cited as the 2nd Plaintiff in the suit that was lodged before a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory.
6. Former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, has said his ex-Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, was not a saint but would make a better leader than incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari.
In an interview with BBC Pidgin, published on Tuesday, the former president further slammed President Buhari, saying he was undeserving of re-election.
7. Resident doctors at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Ikeja, says they will begin three days warning strike on Jan. 28 over shortage of house officers and resident doctors.
Dr Fatai Balogun, President, Association of Resident Doctors (ARD-LASUTH), said this at a news conference on Tuesday in Lagos that the strike would be total.
8. There was mild drama at the Federal Neuropsychiatic Hospital Enugu, on Tuesday as the embattled Medical Director, Dr. Jojo Onwukwe was been kicked out by the workers.
Onwukwe, who was suspended by the Board of the Hospital, suddenly staged a come back to resume duties but was bundled out by angry workers.
9. The Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Benue State, Michael Gusa has filed direct criminal charges against the six local government chairmen suspended yesterday by the Benue State House of Assembly.
The Chairmen were charged for alleged conspiracy, breach of trust, cheating, and misappropriation of public funds.
10. The Nigeria Army (NAN) on Tuesday inaugurated operation Python Dance III in Kaduna with a warning to criminals that they would have no hiding place.
The General Officer Commanding (GOC) 1 Division, Nigerian Army, Maj.-Gen. Mohammed Mohammed, said the operation was holding simultaneously across the country to combat banditry, kidnapping and other criminal activities.